BGU Knowledge Centre is an essential component of BGU’s research and education mission. The combination of carefully selected traditional and digital resources via browsing interface and supported by exceptionally fast response service, provides BGU community with a library that is worthy of this world class institution. The enthusiastic Library management, commitment of talented Library staff and the support of top management makes the Library a most lively place on the campus providing friendly environment that enables learning and advancement of knowledge, extends research and publication assistance and facilitates undergraduate, postgraduate and research scholars.
It is equipped with precious books, Textbooks, Reference books, Periodicals and Journals. It is supported by a large AC two floored reading-room. The library is enriched with digital facilities and computer system. Free access of this is made available to the students, ex-students, research workers, faculty, staff and visitors. The library frequently displays and exhibits various books, newly arrived books. The students are lent the textbooks for the entire academic session with nominal charges through Book-Bank and teachers and students can also buy the books directly from market and submit them to the library of which the amount is paid immediately.
The BGU Library is primarily meant for the Regular Faculties, Visiting Faculties, Research Scholars, Students, and Administrative Staff of the Institute. These rules are framed to help and promote, rather than to constrain the use of library materials and services:
● The BGU Library follows an open access system.
● Books or other materials taken from the stacks should not be re-shelved by the readers but should be left on the tables reserved for this purpose. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
● While entering the library, readers should leave their personal belongings, such as bags, brief-cases, personal books, and parcels near the counter reserved for this purpose. However, they can carry loose papers and note books.
● Readers leaving the library should allow the library/security staff to examine their personal belongings.
● Readers should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other users in any way.
● Smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he/she will be charged the full replacement cost of the material.
● Switch off your mobiles while entering the library.
● Borrowing privileges are given only to the Faculty, Visiting Faculty, Research scholars, Administrative Staff and Regular Students
● Books can be borrowed against tickets/booklets issued by Bimtech Library to the borrowers.
● The tickets/booklets are non-transferable and their loss should be immediately reported to the library. Although the library will take all possible care against the misuse of the tickets / booklets, it is the holder of the tickets/booklets who is responsible for any loss to the library due to the misuse of his/her tickets/booklets. A fee of Rs.50/- will be charged for issuing a duplicate ticket/booklet.
● “Reference or Rare” books and unbound issues of journals, periodicals, news papers of current month and corporation reports will not be issued out of the library to anybody.
● Books and materials kept on reserve sequence will be issued out of the library only on overnight basis at 9.00 P.M. and returned before 9.00 A.M. the next day for all days except Saturday & Sunday when the time of return will be 5.00 P.M.
● Reissue of book/books will be done once in the first instance, and after a lapse of one month it/these could be reissued.
● Regular Faculty members can borrow 20(twenty) number of books for one session/ four months at a time.
● Visiting Faculty members can borrow 4(four) number of books for one session/ three months at a time.
● Research Scholars can borrow 2(two) number of books for one month.
● Students can borrow 4(four) books (excluding prescribed text books) for ten days.
● Prescribed Textbooks will be issued for the end of terms exam (i.e.: semester or trimester basis)
● The Administrative Staff can borrow 2(two) books for two weeks.
● The issue returns service will be available from 10.00 AM to 05.30 PM . on Monday to Saturday working days.
Issue and Return :
● The borrower may return or renew the book on or before the due date. For renewing, presentation of the material along with the booklet/tickets is necessary. Renewal is not permitted if a demand is pending for the material.
● The library can recall material before the due date. Materials to be replaced on reserve can be recalled any time.
● If a book is not returned to the library when due, the borrower will be fined Re.5/- per day per volume. For books available for overnight borrowing only, the overdue fine will be Rs.5/- per hour. Overdue fines can be paid in cash at the counter. The library can refuse to issue books to a borrower having overdue books.
● If the borrower leaves campus/city and is not expected to return before the due date for returning borrowed material, he should return or renew such material before leaving the city/campus.
● A borrower going on leave with or without salary, deputation, study leave, or extra-ordinary leave will have to return all borrowed material before leaving campus/city.
● Loss of borrowed material must be immediately reported in writing. The replacement charge for lost material will also include where applicable, the overdue fine & Maintenance charge.
● Inter-Library Loan functions on an institution-to-institution basis. The reference department arranges to borrow library materials for academic and research purposes from other library. The understanding between the participating institutions and the norms are that such material lent out to the library should be used or referred to on the borrowing library’s premises only.
● Regular Faculty 15 Books/Three months
● Visiting Faculty 2 Books/Three months
● Research Associates 8 Books/One month
● Research Scholars 2 Books/One month
● Regular Students 4 Books / 10 Days
● General Books Rs.5 per day
● Reserve/Overnight Rs. 5/- per hour sequence
Library remains open on all seven days except national holidays throughout the year. It is open from 9:00 a.m. to 06:30 p.m. on all working days from Monday to Saturday and Sundays it is open from 10.00 a.m. to 02:00 p.m. During examination, Library services are extended upto 11:00 p.m.
Business Line on Campus (BLoC)
BRITISH COUNCIL DIVISION