Name: Arvind Shukla
Designation: Professor (Marketing Area) and Chairperson, Doctoral Programs
Teaching the following courses since last three years
- Customer Relationship Management (elective) in PGDM Term V and PGDM(Retail Management) in Term IV
- Marketing of Services(elective) in PGDM (International Business) in Term III
- Marketing Management –I (core) in PGDM(IB) in Term I
- Took voluntary retirement as Professor and Director of the Department of Business Administration and Management, S.G.B. Amravati University, Amravati (Maharashtra) in August 2008 after completing 22 years of service there.
- Convener, 4th Indian Marketing Summit – ‘Small Steps to Giant Strides’ – Marketing: The Key to a Globally Competitive Indian MSME, India Habitat Center, 22 -23 January, 2010.
- Co-convener, 5th Indian Marketing Summit – Innovative Marketing Strategies for Big Emerging Markets, 22-23 January, 2011.
- Recognized Doctoral Guide of SGB Amravati University, Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur and IGNOU
- Team Mentor for a Team- ‘Tenacious Turtle’ of BIMTECH students at the Google On-line Marketing Challenge 2015. The campaign involved use of Google AdWords and Google Analytics for SEM campaign for an NGO ‘Protsahan’ working for destitute girls. The team went on to become the semi-finalist for the Asia Pacific Region.
SELECT PUBLICATIONS (Last 5 years)
- V Sharma, G N Patel and A V Shukla, ‘Prioritizing Marketing Mix Constructs for Commoditized products using Analytical Hierarchy Process’, The Case Center, 514-032-1, Dec. 2014
- A V Shukla, ‘ A Study of Tourist-Customer Behavior in Domestic Tourism’, Tourism in Global Village, Lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, ISSN – 978-3-8383-5957-1, January, 2014
- A V Shukla and N Sirvastava, ‘ Employer Branding: A Study of Relevance and Scope’, Amity Business Review, Vol. 14, No. 2, July- Dec. 2013, ISSN No. 0972-2343
- A V Shukla and Sangeeta Shukla, Should the Maharaja Abdicate, Case Study, Ivey Publishing, under consideration. Refinement after preliminary review underway.
GUIDANCE FOR Doctoral Researches
- Retail Format Choice Behavior for Reasoned Purchase : A Study of Consumer Durables. (on-going under MLSU)
- e-Tail Q : An Evaluatory Study of Financial Services Portals. 2011 (ongoing under IGNOU as co – guide.)
- Employer Branding – a Study, (ongoing under MohanLal Sukhadia University, Udaipur)
- “A Study of grading systems in different universities for development of normalization technique to streamline recruitment processes”. (Awarded by SGB Amravati University).
- “A Study of Buyer Perception towards ready-made garments in Amravati”, 2001. (Awarded by SGB Amravati University).
- “Impact of working of M.T.D.C. Ltd. on Tourism Development”, 2003. (Awarded by SGB Amravati University).
- “Buying process for two-wheeler vehicles – A Study”, 2003. . (Awarded by SGB Amravati University).
- “Retailing in rural markets: A study of rural retailers in selected villages”, (Awarded by SGB Amravati University)
Research Projects – completed
- “Consumer Protection Act: An Evaluatory Study” (Major Research Project funded by U.G.C., as co-researcher).
- “An inquiry into the Impact of Advertisements for Family Planning with special reference to Advertisements in Print Media”. (Minor Research Project funded by the U.G.C., as co-investigator).
- “An Attitudinal Study of P. G. students of Amravati University towards Competitive Examinations”. (Minor Research Project funded by Amravati University).
- Implemented MODROBS Project in the Dept. of Bus. Admn. & Mngt. Of SGBAU under MODROBS Scheme of AICTE, 2006-08
LECTURES DELIVERED AS RESOURCE FACULTY (Last 5 years)
- Business and Society, 22nd Faculty Development Program, Academic Staff College, SGB Amaravati University, 9th 2013.
- Research Methodology, 22nd Faculty Development Program, Academic Staff College, SGB Amaravati University, 10th 2013.
- Continuous Evaluation And Assessment, Faculty Development Program, Revisiting Teaching and Learning Methodology – An Introspection, BIMTECH, May, 2-3, 2013.
- Contemporary Approaches To Marketing In India, India Study Program -2013, BIMTECH,
- Visiting Faculty, IMT, PGDM-Executive (2012-13), Oct.-Dec. 2012, Designing, Delivering and Managing Market Value.
- Innovations In Services Marketing In India, India Study Program-2012, BIMTECH,
- Demographics and its implication in marketing, Session Chair, National Seminar on Contemporary Environment & Winning Strategies in Marketing, I.T.S. Institute of Management, October 12-13, 2012
- Emerging Paradigms in Marketing, Lecture at Refresher Course in Commerce and Management, Academic Staff College, Jamia Milia Islamia, 9th September, 2011.
- Emerging Trends in Retailing : India the Striding Elephant, Keynote address at Two day UGC sponsored National Seminar on Trends in Retailing, 10-11 Feb.2010.
Sydenham College, Mumbai
- Research Methodology for doctoral researchers, Symbiosis Institute of International Business, Symbiosis International University, Pune, 23rd and 24th2010
KEYNOTE ADDRESS DELIVERED IN LAST ONE YEAR
- 3rd International Conference on ‘Creating Sustainable Business Through Innovative Marketing, 6th-7th2013, Session Chair, V Session on Product Innovation, Market Innovation, Business Model innovation. Institute of Management Studies, Noida, Delhi/NCR
- National Seminar on Redifine, Reimagine,Reinvent : Roadmap to New Age Marketing, 14th-15th2013, Session Chair 1st Technical Session: Unlocking The Power Of new Age Marketing. ITS Institute of Management, Grater Noida, Delhi/NCR
Participation in Seminars / Conferences / Workshops
- Global Summit of Management Cases, IIM, Raipur, 12th-13th December, 2014. “Should the Maharaja Abdicate?”
- Faculty Development Program on Case Method Teaching conducted by the Ivey Business School, Western University, Ontario and the CPD, SRCC, New Delhi, November, 17th – 22nd, 2014.
- International Conference on Tourism in Global Village, IIM Lucknow, 8th-10th April, 2009, “ A Study of Tourist Customer Behaviour In Domestic Tourism.”
- 1. National Seminar on Emerging trends in Indian Retail Management, Sydenham
College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai, 10th -11th Feb. 2011. “Emerging
Trends in Retailing – India the Striding Elephant.“ Keynote address.
- Working on improving the case ‘Should the Maharaja Abdicate’
- Writing case on ‘De-marketing of Cigarettes.’
- Guiding four doctoral students
- Mentoring four teams under the Google On-line Marketing Challenge 2015.
DATE OF BIRTH 10th April 1961
||University / Board