Name: Prof.Deepsha Dipan Dhal
Designation: Assistant Professor
Area: Public Policy, International Law, Human Rights Law, Migration,Refugee Rights & Labor Laws
|Masters||LL.M. in International Law (Cum Laude) (Specialization in Protection of Vulnerable Groups, Migration and Human Rights)|
|Bachelors||BBA LL.B. (Hons)|
|Any Other Degree||
Study of U.S Institutes for Student Leaders: Women’s Leadership Institute
|Certificate Courses & Fellowships||
Future of India Fellowship: Politics of Public Policy (2018), by National Students’ Union of India, AICC
• Legislative and Policy Researcher - OFFICE OF MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT, LOK SABHA
• Lawyer - ODISHA HIGH COURT
• Freelance Legal Counsel - KHORA COMMUNITY CENTRE, GREECE
• Admin and Finance Assistant - ILO DWT SOUTH ASIA/CO INDIA
• SCOOTERWALA DIGITAL PVT. LTD - Founding Director & Communication Head
• Volunteer - BAKUL FOUNDATION
• Intern - UNITED NATIONS WOMEN MULTI-COUNTRY OFFICE
• Intern - UNICEF INDIA, ODISHA & NIT ROURKELA
• Student Project - CENTRE FOR CIVIL AND POLITICAL RIGHTS, GENEVE
• Researcher - GU-CHU-SUM MOVEMENT, ASSOCIATION OF TIBET
• National Convention on ‘Emerging Challenges of Violence Against Women’ (2018), Rapporteur, organized by National Women’s Commission and Odisha State Women’s Commission; 130+ participation from 16 states and 2 UTs.
• The U.N. Global Compact on Migration and Human Rights (2017), organized by Global Migration Center and QMUL London.
• General Comment on Children in International Migration (2017), participated in the Public Consultation organized by Global Migration Centre, Committee on the Rights of the Child and Committee on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families.
• UNHCR Guidelines on Refugee Claims Related to The Armed Conflict and Violence (2016), organized by Global Migration Center and UNHCR.
• Towards A Southern Narrative on Inequality (2015), organized jointly by OXFAM and European Union.
• Gender, Conflict and Security, Perspectives from South Asia (2015), organized by South Asian University, Faculty of Social Sciences.
• National Alliance for Maternal Health and Human Rights and Society for Developmental Action (2014), Researched and developed a report on the existing laws on child marriage and early marriage in India; led to the formation of a Forum Against Child Marriage in Odisha, focused on prevention of child marriage and implementation of awareness programs for general masses.
• Manthan National Competition (2013), Drafted A New Legislation Addressing Issues of Malnutrition of Pregnant Women, organized by Citizens For Accountable Governance - New Delhi.
• ‘A Year in Review: An Analysis of the Finding of the UN Human Rights Committee in 2016’ published by The Centre for Civil and Political Rights - Geneva; http://ccprcentre.org/files/media/Yearbook_2016_Screen_version.pdf
• Influencing Policies and Budgets: The Missing Link in the Discourse on Unpaid Work’, Internal Document of United Nations, Published by UN Women South-Asia Office ‘Protection of Women from Domestic Violence’ - Published in Volume XXXI, No.7, July 2011 PUCL Bulletin, PUCL; ISSN-0970-8693
• Lecture Series on Public International Law (2018), Guest Lecturer, Madhusudan Law College
• ‘Exhibition on Eradication of Child Labour’ (2017), Liaison Officer, Labour Commission Odisha, UNICEF and Bakul Foundation
• ‘Elevating Women’s Voices: KWLI Leadership Development Workshop’ (2016), Represented India on invitation by Kansas Women’s Leadership Institute, USA held in Morocco; 1 of 50+ participants from 8 countries
• ‘Dhaka Model SAARC Summit’ (2015), Represented India on invitation by the U.S. Department of State Public Affairs in Dhaka, Bangladesh; 1 of 16 participants from 5 countries
• National Service Scheme (2012-2014), Co-Founder/Student Coordinator, KIIT University
• Sargiful For Tribal Children (2010-2014), Resource Person, Department of S.T and S.C Development, Government of Odisha and UNICEF, 4k+ footfall/yr