Name: Leesa Mohanty
Designation:Assistant Professor (Finance & Accounting)
Area:Finance & Accounting
Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
Research in the topic “Pre and Post-Merger Financial Performance of Acquiring Firms: An Empirical Study of few Selected Industries in India”, Dept of Business Management, F M University, Balasore
MBA (Finance), KIIT School of Management, KIIT University
BCom(Hons), Utkal University
Chartered Accountancy, ICAI, New Delhi
• Jan 2012 –Jan 2013: Faculty, Centre for IT Education, Constituent college of BPUT, Odisha
• Jan 2013- May 2014: Senior Process Executive, Cognizant, Hyderabad and Singapore
• June 2014- Sep 2015: Assistant Manager, Internal Audit, Universal Sompo General Insurance, Mumbai.
• Sep 2015-Nov 2016: Consultant, EY LLP, Mumbai.
• Dec 2016-Dec 2018: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, IIM Calcutta
• Financial Accounting
• Cost and Management Accounting
• Corporate Finance
• Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
• Accounting Standards
• Mergers and Acquisitions
• Leesa Mohanty, ‘International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)’, in the Souvenir of the National Conference on Indian Management Practices: Challenges Ahead, January 22-23, 2010, Gandhi Institute of Management Studies (GIMS), Gunupur.
• Leesa Mohanty, ‘Financial Risk Management’, in Souvenir of the National Conference on Financial Risk Management-A Challenge for the Competitive Markets, April 29-30,2010, Rourkela Institute of Management Studies, Rourkela.
• P.K.Mohanty & Leesa Mohanty, ‘Managing Changes in Power Sector in Orissa-Implications for Human Resource Management’, Administrative and Management Review, Nepal Administrative Staff College, 2011.
• Sonali S Sahoo, Leesa Mohanty & P.K.Mohanty, ‘Quality Circles and its Impacts-A Study in Nalco’, Personnel Today, Jan-March, 2012, Vol.XXXII, No.4.
• Dr.Leesa Mohanty, Dr. Bhagaban Das,“Pre and Post Merger Financial Performance of Acquiring Firms: An Empirical study of Manufacturing Industries in India”, Journal of Economics Management and Technology, June 2014, Vol III, No. 1.
• Dr. Leesa Mohanty, Dr. Bhagaban Das “An Empirical Study of Pre and Post Merger Financial Analysis of Industry-wise Firms in India", Vilakshan, Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, Vol 12,No. 2, Sep 15, pp 75-97.
• Leesa Mohanty, ‘Pre and Post Merger Financial Performance of Acquiring Firms: An Empirical Study of Pharmaceutical Industry in India’, in the Souvenir of the National Conference on Business Strategies For Emerging India, October 9-10 2015, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.
• Leesa Mohanty, “Corporate Restructuring & Acquiring Firms Performance: An Empirical Study of few selected Firms of Oil and Gas Sector In India”, Srusti Management Review, Vol IX, Issue 1, Jan-June 2016.
• Ashok Banerjee, Leesa Mohanty (2017), ‘Audit Market’, Artha- A Newsletter of the Finance Lab, Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, Vol 4, Issue 1, September 2017.
• Ashok Banerjee, Leesa Mohanty (2017), ‘Why the Big 4 continue to gain in audit industry’, Business Standard, November 9 2017.
• Abstract (Impact of Joint Audit on Audit Quality and Earnings Management: A study of Indian Companies) published in the ehandbook of Academic International Conference on Economics, Accounting and Finance.
• Presented a paper at the XIth All India CA Conference “Towards New Frontiers-opportunities & Challenges”, conducted by Bhubaneswar Chapter Office from 22nd -24th August 2014.
• Presented paper titled “Mergers and Acquisitions – Challenges Ahead” at XXXIV Annual Conference of Odisha Commerce Association, organized by Dept. of Commerce, Prananath Autonomous College, Khordha on 23rd & 24th Feb, 2014
• Presented paper titled “Audit Quality – A New Approach” at Academic International Conference on Economics, Accounting and Finance (AICEAF) Sep 18-20, 2017, Cambridge, United Kingdom
• Presented Paper titled “Joint Audit and Audit Quality” at the 7 th India Finance Conference 2017, Dec 20-22 2017, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
• Member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi
• Member of Indian Finance Association (IFA).