Birla Global University is a self-financed private unitary University and has been established by the enactment of Birla Global University Odisha Act, 2015 with its main campus spread over an area of nearly 30 acres of land situated at IDCO Plot No.2, Gothapatna, Bhubaneswar. As per the Act the management of the university is carried out by a Board of Governors headed by Smt. Jayshree Mohta, Chairperson, Birla Academy of Art & Culture being the main promoter of Birla Global University. Honorable Governor of Odisha is the Chancellor of the University.
The University has been established with a goal to be the best destination for aspiring new-gen managers. It is committed to redefine ‘quality’ in management education with state of the art facilities, best of the infrastructure and finest faculty. Presently, the University operates with five schools i.e.
1. Birla School of Management offering Ph.D, MBA and BBA (Honours)
2. Birla School of Communication offering MA in Journalism & Mass Communication (MAJMC) and BA in Journalism & Mass Communication (BAJMC) (Honours)
3. Birla School of Commerce offering M.Com & B.Com(Honours)
4. Birla School of Social Sciences & Humanities offering Ph.D., MA in Economics & BA Economics (Honours)
5. Birla School of Law offering BBA.LLB
The university plans to extend the scope of the existing schools as well as to open new schools for Art & Culture, Literature, Sciences and research programmes. In fact, the core strength of the university is its commitment towards research and development. The university, this way, aims at catering to the needs of the young mass of the country and to take Odisha to the global arena in the sphere of higher education.