Name: Pradip Kundu
Area:Decision Science and Operations Management
I have done Ph.D. in the area of Operations Research from NIT Durgapur. After Ph.D., I have worked as a Post-doctoral Fellow at IISER Kolkata. I have also worked as a temporary faculty at NIT Raipur. Prior to joining BGU, I have worked as an Assistant Professor at BIT Mesra, under TEQIP-III, MHRD, Govt. of India.
I have qualified NET (CSIR-JRF) and GATE in Mathematics. My broad area of research is Operations Research, specifically optimization and decision making under uncertainty. Many of my research papers are published in reputed international journals (SCI). Also, my Ph.D. thesis is published by Springer. I have attended and presented papers in many international seminars/ conferences held in India and abroad (Norway, China).
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Durgapur (in the area of Operations Research)
M.Sc. in Mathematics, The University of Burdwan
● Assistant Professor, BIT Mesra, January, 2018-July, 2019
● Temporary faculty, NIT Raipur, July, 2017-Dec, 2017
● Post-doctoral Fellow, IISER Kolkata, April, 2015-June, 2017
● Optimization and decision making under uncertainty
● Soft Computing
● Operations Research
● Quantitative Techniques
● Business Mathematics and Statistics
● Business Research Methods
● Linear Algebra
● Complex Analysis
1. P. Kundu, S. Majumder, S. Kar and M. Maiti, A method to solve linear programming problem with interval type-2 fuzzy parameters, Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making 18(1) (2019) 103-130. (Publisher- Springer, SCI, Impact Factor: 4.128).
2. N.K. Hazra, P. Kundu, and A.K. Nanda, Some reliability properties of transformed- transformer family of distributions, American Journal of Mathematical and Management Sciences 38(1) (2019) 44-56. (Publisher- Taylor & Francis, Scopus).
3. S. Majumder, P. Kundu, S. Kar and T. Pal, Uncertain multi-objective multi-item fixed charge solid transportation problem with budget constraint, Soft Computing (2018). DOI: 10.1007/s00500-017-2987-7. (Publisher- Springer, SCI, Impact Factor: 2.784).
4. P. Kundu and A.K. Nanda, Reliability study of proportional odds family of discrete distributions, Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods 47(5) (2018) 1091-1103. (Publisher- Taylor & Francis, SCI, Impact Factor: 0.424).
5. P. Kundu, S. Kar and M. Maiti, A fuzzy multi-criteria group decision making based on ranking interval type-2 fuzzy variables and an application to transportation mode selection problem, Soft Computing 21(11) (2017) 3051-3062. (Publisher- Springer, SCI, Impact Factor: 2.784).
6. P. Kundu, M.B. Kar, S. Kar, T. Pal and M. Maiti, A solid transportation model with product blending and parameters as rough variables, Soft Computing 21(9) (2017) 2297-2306. (Publisher- Springer, SCI, Impact Factor: 2.784).
7. P. Kundu, N.K. Hazra and A.K. Nanda, Reliability study of coherent system with a single general standby component, Statistics & Probability Letters 110 (2016) 25-33. (Publisher- Elsevier, SCI, Impact Factor: 0.615).
8. P. Kundu, S. Kar and M. Maiti, Multi-item solid transportation problem with type-2 fuzzy parameters, Applied Soft Computing 31 (2015) 61-80. (Publisher- Elsevier, SCI, Impact Factor: 4.873).
9. P. Kundu, S. Kar and M. Maiti, Multi-objective solid transportation problems with budget constraint in uncertain environment, International Journal of Systems Science 45(8) (2014) 1668-1682. (Publisher- Taylor & Francis, SCI, Impact Factor: 2.469).
10. P. Kundu, S. Kar and M. Maiti, Fixed charge transportation problem with type-2 fuzzy variables, Information Sciences 255 (2014) 170-186. (Publisher- Elsevier, SCI, Impact Factor: 5.524).
11. P. Kundu, S. Kar and M. Maiti, A fuzzy MCDM method and an application to solid transportation problem with mode preference, Soft Computing 18(9) (2014) 1853-1864. (Publisher- Springer, SCI, Impact Factor: 2.784).
12. P. Kundu, S. Kar and M. Maiti, Multi-objective multi-item solid transportation problem in fuzzy environment, Applied Mathematical Modelling 37(4) (2013) 2028-2038. (Publisher- Elsevier, SCI, Impact Factor: 2.814).
1. P. Kundu, Some transportation problems under uncertain environments, in: J.F.Peters et al. (Eds.), LNCS 8988, TRS XIX, Springer, 2015, pp. 225-365.
2. P. Kundu, S. Kar and M. Maiti, Type-2 fuzzy set and its applications, in: Sk Ahmed Hossain, S. Kar (Eds.), Operations Research: Recent Advances, Narosa, India, 2014, pp. 33-50.
● National Seminar on Probability and Statistics, March 28-29, 2016, University of Calcutta, India. (Gave a talk).
● The 8th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics -ICIAM 2015, August 10-14, Beijing, China. (Presented a paper).
● The third meeting of the EURO Working Group on Vehicle Routing and Logistics Optimization - VeRoLog 2014, June 22-25, 2014, Oslo, Norway. (Presented a paper).
● International Conference on Facets of Uncertainties and Applications, ICFUA-2013, Dec 5-7, 2013, Kolkata, India. (Presented a paper).
● International Conference on Operational research for sustainable development in globalized environment, Jan 6-8, 2012, Kolkata, India. (Presented a paper).
● International Workshop on Fuzzy Sets, Rough Sets, Uncertainty Analysis and Applications, FRUAA 2011, Nov 21-25, 2011, NIT Durgapur, India. (Presented a paper).
● Attended summer training programme on Advanced and Digital Pedagogies organised by IIT Hyderabad, June 10 - June 14, 2019.
● Attended Faculty Development Programme organized by Teaching Learning Centre, IIT Madras, January 31 - February 04, 2018.