Dr. Nayak is an ardent Professor in Human Resource Management and a corporate trainer, well known for his participative style of teaching, a management consultant, an academic administrator and a professional social worker.
|Ph.D. :||•||Personnel Management & Industrial Relations, Utkal University (1999)|
Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship in the year 1989
MSW (Electives: Labor Welfare & HR) from University of Delhi- Ranked as one of the Best 10 students of MSW in the University(1989)
Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Relation & Personnel Management from Rajendra Prasad Institute of Communication & Management, Bharatiya Vidya Bhawan, Mumbai(1991)
BA(Sociology Honours), Ravenshaw College, Utkal University( 6th Rank in the University,1986)
Over 30 Training/ MDPs and Faculty Development Programmes on several topics such as Pedagogy in Management(IIM, Indore),TOT(XIMB & UNICEF), NLP(XIMB), CAPSTONE Business Simulation(BIMTECH), Economic Analysis in Disaster Management(IIPA, New Delhi) OD & OR, Project Management, Health Management etc. from IIHMR,Jaipur and ISHA, Bangalore.
(28 Years in teaching, academic administration, research and consultancy + 2 Years in Corporate)
Birla Institute of Management Technology(BIMTECH), Bhubaneswar
6.11. 2015 onward : Director & Professor ( OB & HR) & additional charge of Dean, School of Management, Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar(since April. 2017)
Birla Institute of Management Technology(BIMTECH), Greater Noida 14.10. 2011 -5.11.2015: Professor( OB & HR) & Academic Head of HR & OB Area and Chairperson, Centre for Management Development & Consultancy
I.T.S –Institute of Management, Greater Noida 16.2.2010 -30.9.2011: Director & Professor
KIIT School of Management, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar 2.7.2007-15.2.2010: Dean & Professor( OB & HR)
AMITY Business School, Amity University, Noida 15.9.2004 – 23.6.2007 : Director(Academic), Amity Business School, AU, Noida
Director, Amity, Bhubaneswar Campus
Professor & Head, OB & HR Area
KIIT/KIIT University, Bhubaneswar 1.2. 2000 to 14.9.2004 : Professor(HR) & Project Director, SSNP(DFID Supported PSU Reform Project of Govt. of Odisha)
Xavier Institute Of Management, Bhubaneswar(XIMB) 1.06.1995 to 31.01. 2000 : Team Leader & Teaching Member-PGDRM Team Leader -Research & Training, CENDERET Program Manager, Institutional Development, CENDERET
National Institute of Social Work & Social Sciences, Bhubaneswar 7.10.1991 to 31.05.1995: Lecturer
Dy. Director(Project Planning) & Project Director of USAID supported Health Project(establishing & managing a Hospital)
Bhoruka Charitable Trust (a trust of TCI –Bhoruka Group of Companies), IIHMR, Jaipur 26..03. 1990 to 1.10. 1991: Coordinator(Projects)
Delhi School of Social Work, Delhi University 1.07.1989 to 23.03.1990: Research Associate( Completed a Research Project of Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India)
28Years-including 18 Years at Full Professor Level
a) As Regular Faculty- Taught the courses such as HRM, OB, OD, Training & Development, Organization Structure & Design in MBA/PGD Programs & MSW/Rural Management Programmes at BIMTECH, ITS Institute of Management, Amity Business School, Amity University, Noida, IBAT/KIIT Business School-KIIT Deemed University, Bhubaneswar, Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, NISWASS, Bhubaneswar.
b) As Visiting Faculty:
• University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, Europe- delivered a special Lecture on “Corporate Governance” on November 2, 2017.
• University of Primorska, Slovenia-delivered a Lecture on “Human Resource Development for Public Health Management” on 7th September, 2011.
• Institute of Accountancy Arusha (IAA), Tanzania-an institution established and run by Government of Tanzania, Ministry of Finance- taught a 40 hours course on “Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior” in their MBA program run in collaboration with Coventry University, UK (March 2013)
• University of Central Florida, Institute of Simulation and Training, Orlando, USA (on 26th June 2014)
• Jindal Shadeed, Oman for conducting management development programmes for their Senior Executives on “Team Building” (17 - 24 January 2015)
• Uniglobe College,Kathmandu, Nepal - as Visiting Professor to teach ‘Human Resource Management & Organizational Behavior’ Courses to MBA(Finance) students (September-October 2015).
• Taught OB & HRM Courses at Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, BJB (Autono.) College, Bhubaneswar, Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar IIPM, Bhubaneswar, IBAT, Bhubaneswar, IGNOU, Bhubaneswar Centre and Amity School of Distance Learning, Noida
• MDI, Gurgaon for Lectures in Management Development programs.
Regularly visiting Government of Odisha's Revenue Officers’ Training Institute, Gothapatna as resource person to conduct training sessions for OAS and revenue officers.
a) Doctoral Research Guidance:
b) Consultancy Research
Completed following assignments worth of 13.5 Crores, as Team Leader/Director/Coordinator, institutional consultant and Chief Consultant:
Conducted over 250 training/MDPs in the capacity of Course Director and/or Trainer on several topics of HR & OB for:
Conducted over 26 National Seminars and Conferences and 5 International Conferences/Global HR Submits as Conference Coordinator/Conference Chair etc.. Among the Conferences organized as a the chairman, last four conferences are: a)International Conference on Globalizing Management Education: Issues and Challenges for Industry and Academia on 5-6 February, 2011 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, India; b) International Conference on Gender and management: Issues and Challenges on January 5-6, 2017 at Hotel Mayfair, Bhubaneswar, India; c) International Conference on “ Issues and Challenges of Business in Emerging Economy” on 11-12 January 2019 at Hotel Mayfair, Bhubaneswar, India and d) National Conference on Innovative HR Practices in the New Age Organizations , 25 November, 2016
• Received NIPM’s National HR Excellence Award in the category- Best Management Education Leadership Award in 2018.
• Received the Best Research Paper Presenter Award at the University of Oxford, Said Business School, UK at the International Conference on Restructuring of the Global Economy held on 9-10 July 2018 in the Track: Business & Management.
• Received ‘Elvina The Luke Award’ of Delhi University in the year 1989 for outstanding practical social work (field work) in resettlement areas in Delhi.
• Felicitated by Utkal University on 22 December 2016 in the function of Dr. Abhay Kumar Memorial Lecture organized by The Department of Personnel Management and Industrial Relations (PMIR).
• Received ‘Chhatra Gourav Samman’ awarded by Fakir Mohan College Alumni Association (given by Mr. Ananta Das, the Minister-Higher Education and Industry, Government of Odisha) on 9th February 2019 on the occasion of Silver Jubilee Function at F. M. College, Balasore.
• Nominated as a member of the NHRDN’s India Delegation to visit USA and attended the SHRM’s International Convention at Orlando and visited the University of Central Florida, USA in 2014.
• Invited as expert panelist in International, National and regional TV channels such as Bloomberg TV, Door Darshan, NDTV and News World Odia.
• Invited as keynote speaker/speaker to more than 40 International & National Conferences; A few important ones are mentioned below:
º As a Keynote speaker to speak on HRD for Public Health management at an International Conference at Primorska University, Slovenia on 7th September 2011.
º As a speaker at International Conference on Assessment Centers and Talent Management in Emerging Markets: Lessons from Global Practice organized by XLRI, Jamshedpur on 9-10 December 2017.
º As a speaker at a technical session and chairman in another session of an International Seminar on Strategic HRM held at Utkal University on 13th and 14th of May 2017.
º As Guest of Honour and a speaker at the International conference on “Recent advances in Management: Challenges, initiatives and road ahead” on March 6 & 7 2018 at Kathamandu, Nepal.
º As a Chairman of a Technical Session at an International Seminar on “Employee Relations- Today and Tomorrow” on 30th June - 1st July, 2018 organized by its PMIR Department, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar, India.
º As the Chief Speaker at the National Seminar on “Today’s Challenges for HRM: A New Interpretation” , organized by the PG Departments of Personnel Management & Industrial Relations(PM & IR) and Tourism & Hospitality Management(THM), BJB Autonomous College, Bhubaneswar, India on 15th January 2019.
º As the Guest of Honour at the Silver Jubilee Function of The Fakir Mohan College Alumni Association at F M College, Balasore, India on 10th February 2019.
º As a speaker at a National Seminar on Human Resource Management to Human Capital Management: A Paradigm Shift, organized by PMIR Dept.,Utkal University on 14-15 May 2016 at NALCO Auditorium, Bhubaneswar, India.
• Invited as a speaker by NHRDN, New Delhi to speak on the topic ‘Developing High Performance Culture in Horizon 2.0 Organizations’ at the 3rd National HRM Summit Preparing HR for Horizon 2.0 Organizations held on 27 - 28 August, 2015, New Delhi.
• Invited by NHRDN, Bhubaneswar Chapter as a Panelist in a Panel Discussion in ZENITH: Reward & Recognition Programme held on 29 January 2016 at Infosys Bhubaneswar.
• Invited as Guest of Honour at the Book Release function of the Book Titled- Socio-Psychological Analysis of Social Issues, authored by Dr. Smita Mohanty held on 13 February 2016 at Jayadev Bhawan, Bhubaneswar.
• Invited by NIPM as an assessor to assess one of the applicant companies in Kolkata for NIPM award for HR best practices (18 -19 August 2017).
• Invited to deliver a special lecturer at National Academy of Broadcasting and Multimedia (technical), Bhubaneswar on the topic “Time Management and Effective Delegation Skills on 28 Feb 2017.
• Invited as a consultant by Jindal Steel & Power Ltd to conduct MDP for its executives in Oman.(16-25 January, 2015).
• Invited as a consultant to conduct Competency Assessment of the executives (AGMs,DGMs & GMs) of NTPC-SAIL Power Corporation Limited (NSPCL) during March- May 2014 and re-assessment in May 2016, NTPC, Korba and Sipat in the year 2017- 2018.
• Conducted a five day EDP for executives of NEM Engineering Projects Pvt. Ltd. From 11 to 15 June 2018.
• ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship(1995-1999)
• UGC’s National Eligibility Test(1989) for Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship for Doctoral Studies
• National Rural Talent Scholarship (NRTS),& Merit Scholarships1978-1984
a) Books Published:
• Nayak, P and R.K.Mishra (Ed). Globalizing Management Education, 2011, Allied Publishers, New Delhi(ISBN: 978-81-8424-659-9)
• Nayak, P and Vishal Sagar (Ed). Corporate Governance: A Tool to Burst Financial Bubbles, 2010, Wisdom Publications, New Delhi, ISBN:978-81-98547-88-2
b) Books Under Publication:
Book Titled: Managing NGOs(with preliminary agreement with PHI Publisher)
c) Chapters/ Articles in Edited Books: • Nayak, P., Leader Must Build Ability in the Organizations to Re-invent itself: Sinha, K. K., A. Soni and I. Mitra(Ed) (2017) Manthan: Art and Science of Developing Leaders, Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd.,New Delhi, London, Oxford, New York, Sydney( ISBN:978-93-86432-94-0(2017).
• Nayak, P., Global Leaders Create a Triple Bottom Line: Profit, People and Planet: Sinha, K K, A. Soni and I. Mitra(Ed) (2017) Manthan: Art and Science of Developing Leaders, Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, London, Oxford, New York, Sydney(ISBN:978-93-86432-94-0(2017).
• Nayak, P. and A. Lele, NASSCOM: Fostering Skill Development in Indian IT Sector: Sardana, G D and Tojo Thatchenkery (Ed) (2015) Managing Complex Organization Change, Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, pp.107-113,ISBN 979-93-85436-77-2.
• Nayak, P. and A.D. Nanda, Effectiveness of Learning Styles in Training and Development Programmes at Power Management Institute of NTPC Ltd.: Sardana, G D and Tojo Thatchenkery (Ed) (2015) Leveraging Human Factors for Strategic Change- An Organizational Culture Perspective, Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, pp.354 -367,ISBN No. 9789384898-57-1.
• Nayak, P. and S.Tyagi, Branding the Training at Finfare Limited: Sardana, G D and Tojo Thatchenkery (Ed) (2015) Reframing Human Capital For Organisational Excellence, Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, pp.278-292, ISBN No. 9789382563-40-2.
• Nayak, P., Globalizing Management Educatio in India: Managing Unmanaged: Nayak, P. and R.K.Mishra (Ed)(2011) Globalizing Management Education, Allied Publishers, New Delhi, PP.318-326, ISBN: 978-81-8424-659-9.
• Nayak, P., Continuing Employee Relations After Public Sector Reform: Dhar,U., C.Gopalakrishnan and Nina Muncherji(Ed)(2009) Partners in Success-Strategic HR and Entrepreneurship, Excel Books Publisher, New Delhi pp. 31-41,ISBN:978-81-7446-701-0.
• Nayak, P., Impact of Labor Restructuring and Social Safety Net for Rationalized Employees of Public Sector Enterprises: A. K. Rath and Chukka Kondaiah (Ed)(2006) Redeployment of Rationalized Employees: Strategies and Options, NISIET, Hyderabad.
• Nayak, P., Social Safety Net Through Entrepreneurship Development: An alternative Livelihood Option for Retirees from Public Sector Enterprises: P.C Tripathy & S Maharana( Ed)(2003) Entrepreneurship Development: Policies and Strategies.
d) Published in Journals:
• Nayak, P (2018): “Effectiveness of Women in Managerial Roles in the Corporate Sector in India: Perceptions of their Manager colleagues”, TEORIJA IN PRAKSA let. 55, 3/2018(a SCOPUS indexed Interdisciplinary journal of Social Science),pp. 553-571
• Nayak, P and Sharma, N (2018): “Managing Faculty’s Work–Life Balance in Indian Business Schools” TEORIJA IN PRAKSA let. 55, 3/2018(a SCOPUS indexed Interdisciplinary journal of Social Science),pp. 604-621
• Nayak, P. (2018). Effectiveness of Women in Corporate Sector in India: Perceptions of their Manager Colleagues, The Business & Management Review, Vol.9,No. 4, 2018(July), pp.104-113( ISSN 2047-2862( Print) & 2047-2854 (on-line) listed in EBSCO & ProQuest of Refereed Publications.
• Sharma, N. and P. Nayak. (2018). “An empirical study of work-life balance: perception of gender”, International Academic Journal of Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management Vol. 5, No. 1, 2018( Jan), pp. 41-51.ISSN 2454-2210( Impact factor-4.0007).
• Lele, A. and P. Nayak. (2017). Identification of Predictor Variables Influencing Learning Style Preferences of Knowledge Workers in Indian IT Service Companies, Amity Business Review, Vol. 18, No. 2, July - December 2017,Bi-annual Single-blind Refereed Journal of Amity Business School, ISSN: 0972-2343,ASI-SCORE : 1.3,UGC approved: Journal No. : 46876.
• Lele, A. and P. Nayak. (2017). Assessing Learning Styles to Improve Skill Development: A case study of NASSCOM, International Journal of Information Technology and Management (a SCOPUS enlisted Inderscience’s journal), Vol. 16, No. 2, 2017 pp173-180.E-ISSN No.17415179, Cite Score:0.48.
• Mgeni, T.O. and P. Nayak. (2016). Impact of Structural Firm characteristics on Business Performance of SMEs: Evidence from agribusiness firms in Dar es salaam, Tanzania, Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review, Vol. 6 , No. 5 on May 31, 2016, ISSN: 2223-5833
• Mgeni, T.O. and P. Nayak. (2016). Impact of Transnational Leadership Style on Business Performance of SMEs in Tanzania, Amity Business Review, Vol. 17, No. 1, January - June 2016 ISSN: 0972-2343 ASI-SCORE: 1.3 (listed in EBSCO Host, CABELL’S International and ULRICHSWEBTH Global Serials Directory).
• Sharma, N. and P. Nayak (2016). Study on Work Life Balance and Organization Policy in IT Sector in NCR, International research Journal of Amity International Business School, (listed in EBSCO Host, CABELL’S International and ULRICHSWEBTH Global Serials Directory). Vol. 11, February 2016(ISSN 0975-511X pp.115-122.
• Nayak, P.(2015). Women in HR Roles: Perceptions of Corporate Managers in India, Journal of Strategic Human Resource Management, Vol.4, No. 3, October 2015. ISSN 2277-2138, pp.32-38
• Nayak, P. (2015).Towards Enhancing Employability of Young Indians, Journal of Rural & Industrial Development, Vol. 3, No. 2, October 2015,pp.1-11.ISSN:2321-1873
• Mgeni, T.O. and P. Nayak. (2015). Impact of Different Leadership Styles of CEOs on Business Performance of SMEs in East Africa: A Systematic Review of Literature, Journal of Entrepreneurship and Management, Vol.4, No.3, October 2015, ISSN:2277-6850, pp.1-13.
• Mgeni, T.O. and P. Nayak. (2015). Impacts of Entrepreneurial Leadership Style on Business Performance of Female owned SMEs in Dar es salaam, Tanzania, Journal of Entrepreneurship and Management, Vol. 4, No.2, June 2015.ISSN: 2277-6850, pp.39-50(Global Impact Factor:0.235)
• Choudhary, A., P. Nayak and S. Tripathy.(2012). HR Strategies for Turnaround Management: A Case Study of Rourkela Steel Plant, International Journal of Business and Management Tomorrow(IJBMT), May 2012, Vol 2. No.5, ISSN: 2249-9962 (Online) 2277-176X (Print)
• Nayak, P.(2009). Abstract of the Research paper “ Women in HR in Indian Corporate Sector”, presented in the National Seminar on “Re-inventing HR & IR Vision in the New Economy”,29-30, July 2009, organized by Utkal University, Department of PMIR was published in its Souvenir.pp.43-44
• Nayak, P. (2009). Abstract of the Research paper “Continuing Employee relations After Public Sector Reform”, presented in the International Conference on Management (NICOM-2009) was published in the Conference Proceedings, January 8-10,2009 p.75.
• Nayak, P. (2006). Human Face of Public Sector Reform, published in the Souvenir of Annual Global HR Summit, Amity Business School, Noida
• Nayak, P. (2004). Social Safety Net for Displaced Workforce in Public Sector Enterprises, published in the Souvenir, International Seminar on Employment Relations in Future & Future of Employment Relations, Utkal University in association with Indian Industrial Relations Association, New Delhi.pp.16-24
• Nayak, P. (1997). Use of Water Sources in Orissa”, published in the Journal of Anna University
• Nayak, P. (1997). Water Balance and Conjunctive use of Water in Churu, Rajasthan, published by NAWDA.
• e. Book Reviewed: An Idiot Who Sold the Ship by -Vijay Walia, UNICON BOOKs Pub.,2010-The review published in its next edition
• Life Member of Social Security Association of India and General Secretary of The Orissa Chapter of the Association (from July 2004 to 26th February 2006).
• Life Member of Indian Society for Training & Development(ISTD)
• Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
• Member of Rotary Club, Bhubaneswar
• Life Member(Institutional) of National HRD Network, New Delhi Chapter
• Executive Committee Member of NHRDN, Bhubaneswar Chapter
• Member of the Governing Board of Udyog Vikash,, Bhubaneswar- a Professional Society working for Entrepreneurship Development
• Member of the Governing Board of Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar
• Member of the Academic Council, Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar
• Chairman, Board of Studies(Management), Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar
• Chairman, Subject Research Committee(Management), Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar
• Member, IQAC, Birla Global University, Bhubaneswar
• Member of Research & Development Committee of KIIT University, Bhubaneswar( 2007-2010)
• Member of the Board of Studies & Board of Examinations for MBA Programmes of ABS, Amity University, UP (2005-2007).
• Member of the Board of Examiners for Social Work in Utkal University, Bhubaneswar.