Centre for Retail Management
Dr. Pankaj Priya’s teaching and research interests are in the area of Private label Programmes of Modern Retailers, Sales & Distribution Management and Consumer Behavior in FMCG industry. He had been in industry, managing hard core sales & distribution as well as product across consumer goods industry before shifting to academics.
He got recognition as a teacher in Marketing when he was awarded as the best teacher in Marketing Management by Dewang Mehta Foundation at the national level in 2009. He has published articles in various national and international journals, co-edited one book on Communications and reviewed another book on Retail Management, written chapter on Merchandising in a book published by Czech University. He is a reviewer for Journal for Retailing and Consumer Services (Elsevier Publications). He has supervised a report on Stake Holder’s views on Impact of FDI on multi brand retail in India, which was submitted to Government of India in July 2010.He has been a resource person in the MDPs conducted by various organizations in the area of marketing.
At BIMTECH, he aims enhance the connect between industry and academics, thus adding value to all stakeholders.
- Store Brands
- Retail Productivity
- Channel Management
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Book Review : Branding in a competitive Market by R.K.Baisya, Food Processing Journal, January 2014.
- Is there a gender difference in customer satisfaction? Findings of an empirical study at LULU shopping mall, Kerala, International Journal of Business Economics & Management Research, Vol. 4(11), November 2014
- Whither SMEs : Status and Opportunities SME World, Vol III Issue 9, September 2010.
- Chapter on Merchandising: Concepts and Practices in book on Retailing ,Merchandising and Event Marketing to be published by Faculty of Economics and Marketing, Slovakia University in December 2010
- Store Brands can set them apart Indian Management, (Journal of AIMA), July 2009.
- Television Advertisements and Childrens buying behaviour Marketing Intelligence and Planning (An Emerald Publication) 28 (2), 2010..
- Developmental Marketing as a strategy for Rural Markets LBSIM Journal of Management and Research Vol III No.1 & 2. September 2006
- Strategic Brand Management: A Services Perspective, Indian Journal of Marketing September 2003
- At Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, Delhi, as Associate Professor (Marketing) from July 2007 to March 2008
- At Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management Delhi, as Assistant Professor (Marketing) from July 2003 to March 2007.
- At IMS Noida from April 2001 to June 2003 as Senior Lecturer (Marketing and Strategy)
Other Professional Experience
- At Birla Corp Ltd as Manager (Marketing- North) from 1998 to 2001
- At Modi Entertainment Network Ltd (Indian arm of ESPN) as Area Manager from 1996 to 1998
- At Singer India Ltd as District Manager (Appliances) from 1993 to 1996.
- At Datapro Infoworld Ltd. as Assistant Area Manager from 1990 to 1993.
Achievements and Awards
- Dewang Mehta Award for Best Teacher in Marketing Management, 2009
- Profiling of buyers for Store brands: Study in Indian context
- T.V. Advertisements in India: Study of Attitude and buying behaviour of Children.(2007)
- Paper on Profiling Store Brand buyers in India at 3rd Conference on Marketing Paradigm for Emerging Economies at IIM Ahmedabad on January 8-9, 2009.