Name: Subhalaxmi Mohapatra
Research: Macro-Economics, Public Policy, Public Health, Reproductive Health, Growth and Public Health Linkage.
Teaching: Micro and Macro Economics, Managerial Economics, Business Environment, Entrepreneurship, International Trade and Related areas.
Utkal University, Orissa. Topic: Public Expenditure on Health and Health Outcome – A Study of Indian Situation; 2012.
Utkal University, Orissa. Topic: Work and Fertility Behavior of Women – A Study in the City of Bhubaneswar; 2005.
M.A. in Economics, University of Hyderabad (Central University), 2002.
B.A. (Hons. in Economics), Utkal University (R.D.Women’s College, Bhubaneswar), 2000.
1. Research Officer, IIM Udaipur, (April 2015- May 2018).
2. Visiting Faculty, Faculty of Management Studies, JRN University Udaipur, Rajasthan (July 2016 – March 2018).
3. Research Associate, IIM Udaipur, (April 2014 – March 2015)
4. Assistant Professor, IBS Hyderabad, (August 2012 – March 2013).
5. Visiting Faculty, Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies (KIAMS), Pune Campus (August 2011 – August 2012).
6. Visiting Faculty, Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies (KIAMS), Harihar Campus (October 2010 – August 2012).
7. Visiting Faculty, United World Business School, Hyderabad, (January 2011 – March 2011).
8. Faculty Member, Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management (VJIM), Hyderabad (November 2009 – March 2010).
9. Faculty Member, ICFAI School of Financial Studies, Hyderabad, (April 2009 – August 2009).
10. Faculty Member, ICFAI Business School, Dehradun, (May 2006 – April 2009).
11. Faculty Member, Magnus School of Business, Bhubaneswar, (April 2005 – May 2006).
1. Conducted data analysis and wrote two cases on rural livelihood projects under the Rajasthan Grameen Ajeevika Vikas Parishad (RGAVP) supervised by Manthan and CDM, IIM Udaipur.
2. Worked as a consultant for Seva Mandir to assist in training of field data agents, data coding, analysis and report writing for a project on rural immunization.
3. Worked on a project involving the Sahariya Tribes exploring demographics and maternal health issues in rural Rajasthan.
1. “Investigating the tourism and economic growth linkage: a panel causality analysis for the SAARC countries.” 2018 (forthcoming) Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research.
2. “Milky Moo: Spreading the Milk Mantra”, 2017, The Case Journal, Vol. 13 No. 3 (coauthored).
3. “Economic Growth, Public Expenditure on Health and IMR in India: An Econometric Investigation of Causal Linkages”, 2017, International Journal of Social Economics, Vol. 44 No. 12, 2002-2018 [ABDC B].
4. “Female, married and endorsing: Integrating celebrity marital status, role congruence and credibility”, Journal of Strategic Marketing, 2017, Vol. 25 No. 1, 14-30 (coauthored) [ABDC A].
5. "Health inequity and health outcome: a causal linkage study of low and middle income countries", 2016, Quality & Quantity, Vol. 51 No. 6, 2475–2488 [ABDC B].
6. “IHCL’s Menu of Hotels: Competing for the Indian Hotelscape”, 2014, The Case Journal, Vol. 10 No. 2, 171-184. (coauthored)
7. “Product Placement in Computer Games”, in Product Placement eds. Lopamudra Ghosh and Samta Jain, Mumbai: Shroff Publishers, 2014.
8. “Composition of Public Expenditure on Health and Economic Growth: A Cointegration Analysis and Causality Testing”, 2011, The IUP Journal of Public Finance, Vol. 9, No. 2, 30-43. (coauthored) [ABDC C].
9. “Work and Fertility Linkage in Women: A Study in Bhubaneswar City”, 2010, Zagreb International Review of Economics & Business, Vol. 13, No. 2, 39-53. (coauthored)
10. “Branding India - A Content Analysis of the Incredible India Campaign”, Brand Research. eds. Nafees, L; Krishnan, O. and Gore, T. Macmillan Publishers India, Delhi, 55-69, 2009. (coauthored)<br/>
11. “Public Expenditure on Health in India – Growth and Management”, 2008, ICFAI Journal of Public Finance, Vol. 6, No. 4, 39-51. (coauthored)
12. “Paradoxes in Urban India – Issues and Challenges”, 2008, ICFAI Journal of Urban Policy, Vol. 3 No. 2, 29-39. (coauthored)
13. “Student Perception about Branded Jeans Wear”, Global Competition and Brand Promotion, ed. Dubey, J. New Delhi: Excel Publication, p. 440-448, September, 2008. (coauthored)
1. Wood Barn India: Trying to Break a Concrete Mindset, IVEY Case Collection, 2015, with Roy, S.
2. Renault Duster: Dusting Away Competition of Facing a Dust Storm? Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, 2015, with Roy, S.
3. Sherry’s: Growth Hurdles of a Hobbyist Turned Entrepreneur, IVEY Case Collection, 2015, with Roy, S.
4. Zari Boxes India: Need to Think Inside the Box? 2015, with Roy, S. Cases in Management (eds. Garg, A.K.; Ray, K.K. and Mitra, S.K.), ET Cases India.
1. “Value Added Taxes – The Implications for the Indian Economy” ICFAI Reader, ICFAI University Press, May 2009.
2. “Halal Insurance: Insuring the Shariah Compliant Way”, Insurance Chronicle, ICFAI University Press, November 2008.
3. “Foreign Investment in India: The ADR Route”, Portfolio Organizer, ICFAI University Press, June, 2007.
4. “Financing Small and Medium Enterprises – Problems and Prospects”, MBA Review, ICFAI University Press, December, 2007.
5. “Tanishq: The Brand That Glitters”, MBA Review, ICFAI University Press, March, 2008.
6. “The Scope of Gems and Jewellery Industry In India”, ICFAI Reader, ICFAI University Press, May, 2008.
7. “Managing Risks in Core Banking Solutions – Perform or Perish”, Professional Banker, ICFAI University Press, August, 2008.
1. “Economic growth, components of public expenditure on health and impact on health outcomes – a SEM approach in Indian context”. Presented at the 5th IHEPA Conference, Institute of Development Studies, Kolkata, December 15-17, 2016.
2. “The effect of health inequity on health outcomes: A study of low and middle income countries”. Presented at the IIM Bangalore Conference on Public Policy and Management, August 8-10, 2016.
3. “GPS Renewables: Start up to scale up”. Presented at SBM Mart Sustainable Business Case Competition, Noida, 29th May 2015.
4. “Zari Boxes India: Need to think inside the box.” Presented at Global Summit of Management Cases (GSMC 2014), IIM Raipur, December 2014.
5. “IHCL’s Menu of Hotels: Competing for the Indian Hotelscape.” Presented at Dhruva International Case Competition, December, 2012.
6. “Vivanta by Taj: Brand Extension or Brand Confusion?” Presented at 9th RENVOI, AMITY University Noida on 31st August, 2012.
7. “Branding India - A Content Analysis of the Incredible India Campaign.” Presented at Second International Conference on Brand Management, IMT Ghaziabad on 8-9th January 2010.
8. “Student Perception about Branded Jeans Wear.” Presented at the International Conference on Global Competition and Brand Promotion, Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad, 15-16th September, 2008. 9. “Eco-Tourism: A Content Analysis of the Indian Tourism TVC’s.” Presented at the National Green Conference, IBS Goa, 28-29th August, 2008.
10. “Vishal Retail Ltd – The Challenges Ahead.” Presented at the 2nd Manthan (Case Competition), IBS Gurgaon, 26-27th March, 2008.
11. “Millennium Development Goals – A distant Dream or a Reality.” Presented at the 4th National Conference on Finance and Economics, IBS Bangalore, 14-15th December, 2007.
12. “Primary Education in Orissa: A study of Inter District Disparities.” Presented at the 41st Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society (TIES), Jadavpur University, 20-22nd January, 2005.
1. Awarded 1st Prize at SBM Mart Sustainable Business Case Competition, Noida, 29th May 2015..
2. Awarded Best Case (category: Case with global implications) at Global Summit of Management Cases (GSMC 2014), IIM Raipur, December 2014..
3. Third Prize: 9th RENVOI Case Competition held at AMITY Business School Noida, 31st August 2012.