Birla Global University (BGU) invites applications from eligible candidates for the positions of Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors in the following areas :-
1. Finance & Accounting : to teach Business Statistics, Business Mathematics, Derivatives & Risk Management, Stock Market Trading, Financial Modelling and Financial Analysis, Forensic Accounting & Fraud Prevention and Financial Engineering
2. Operation & Decision Science
3. Economics : to teach International Trade and Development
4. Journalism and Mass Communication
6. OB & HR
7. Constitutional Law
8. Criminal Law
9. Digital Marketing
10. Business Analytics
Details of eligibility, qualifications and experience for the above positions will be as per UGC Regulations dated 18th July 2018 on “Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education,2018”.
The prescribed qualifications and experience shall be the minimum and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same shall not entitle him / her to be called for interview. BGU shall have right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview on the basis of higher qualifications or relevant / better experience. BGU may, at its discretion, offer the position at an appropriate level depending on qualifications, experience and performance of the candidate. BGU, may also, at its discretion, decide not to fill any of the advertised positions or fill the positions through promotion of eligible internal candidate(s).
Applications are also invited for the following Non-Teaching positions:-
Experience: 5 to 10 yrs.
• Finalization of Annual Accounts.
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the University.
• Preparation & Analysis of monthly and annual budget and comparisons with actuals.
• Track the University financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement.
• Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
• Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports.
• Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and management in formal meetings
• Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the university
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
• Liaoning with banks for routine banking / Loans/CMA and Investment etc.
• Liaoning with Direct and Indirect tax matters with the departments.
• Liaoning with EPFO, ESIC, Labour Office etc.
• Good Knowledge of computer for preparation and submission of online returns of GST, TDS EPF and ESIC etc.
Required Qualification & Skills
• Chartered Accountants/ MBA (Finance).
• Knowledge of Rules and regulations for State Private University, Income Tax, GST etc.
• Knowledge of ESIC, PF & Labor Act
• Advance knowledge in computers.
Remuneration : Negotiable
Age : 30 to 40 years
Job Location : Bhubaneswar, Odissa
Industry : Education / Teaching / Training
Functional Area : Accounts, Finance, Tax, Audit.
Experience: 3-5 years experience in an Institution/Organization of repute.
Qualification: Integrated 5 Years LLB preferred.
Skills: Excellent communication and drafting skills.
1- Compliance under UGC / AICTE/ BCI/ and other Acts
2- Compliance under-BGU Odisha Act., Labor Act, Minimum Wages Act etc
3- Drafting/legal vetting of resolutions of various committees of the University including Disciplinary Committee.
4- Liaison with Advocates, statutory authorities for various compliance.
5- Replying to legal notices/correspondences from external agencies.
6- Sharing of Information with Regulators like UGC, AICTE, BCI etc.
7- To prepare and file appropriate applications/court notices, engaging Advocates, where necessary.
8- To examine and vet administrative orders in consonance with various Statutes/Law
9- Vetting of contracts, MOUs, work orders with Vendors, security agencies, etc.
10- Handling all matters under RTI.
11- To apprise the management with the latest regulations.
12- Employment contracts/HR work.
13- Any other delegated work from Management.
14- To safeguard the legal interest of the University.
If required, has to take care of the Legal Aid Clinic of the School of Law.
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria may apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 20 February 2019. Please write the Name of the Position with Area / Discipline applied for in the subject of the e-mail.